Skincare Tips You Should Know
I thought I would discuss some "skincare tips", not necessarily tips that you don't know but I find it's tips that people forget about or they aren't consistent in doing these steps. So hopefully this is helpful.
These tips or steps are what I find give you a bigger difference than you realize. No that doesn't mean you need the many, many steps that I use. Just some reminders I'm giving you here. Also, speaking of my routine....I don't do unnecessary steps they all have a function believe me, but I use my pm skincare routine specifically as my daily "wind down" time. I love to massage my face and apply products that feel lovely on my face.
1). Wash your face morning and night! You'd be surprised by how many don't properly cleanse their face in the morning. I promise if you will just use a gentle cleanser morning (not a wipe a cleanser) and night you'll see a great difference in how clear your skin is.
2) Double Cleanse if you have makeup on. Believe Caroline Hiron coined the Double Cleanse term. When I say this I don't mean makeup wipes and micellar water. I mean an oil or balm cleanse to break EVERYTHING down on the skin and the go in with a gentle cleanser to properly cleanse the face. 1 cleanse is only appropriate if you don't have makeup on.
3) Use a soft face cloth. I use Microfiber face cloths off amazon from Sinbad I think. You want to limit the harsh things on your face.
4) Use warm water not hot water when cleansing the skin. The shower is too hot! It dehydrates the skin more. You only need a warm face cloth. Actually the founder of Votary I think, said she will smear oil all over her face before a bath or shower because it is so dehydrating.
5) Use a Vitamin C. You need to use antioxidants anyway but I like a dedicated Vitamin C product in whatever form that is. It's a powerful antioxidant and necessary for the skin's health and overall look to the skin.
6) Start slow with Acid Exfoliation (AHA/BHA products) don't jump in the deep end all at once. You kinda learn more about your skin everyday and you do not want over sensitized skin. Speaking of that, do the same with Retinol. I believe in Retinol products, I use them but I tend to go for milder strengths, so that I don't piss my skin off.
7) Use creams that aren't to "rich", "heavy", or "luxurious". Not that there is anything wrong with those but, I find and I notice other people find, they get congested when use really heavy creams. I'm the same way. My skin starts to break out, white heads pop up over night. So start with water creams or a nice middle ground cream moisturizer and then if you feel like you need more then go from there.
Mainly the point of this is be a bit more consistent in the maintenance stuff and be a little more careful in the "Treatments" area. Also, unless something has just royally made your skin angry then give products a proper try before disregarding them completely.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm from Tennessee. I'm a makeup and skincare lover. I have always enjoyed creating looks but I love to help people with product knowledge and application even more. I've been able to start blogging and do these things I love because God has seen fit to bless me with the opportunity. Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me!