Let's talk makeup. I recently got to try some more products from Touch in Sol. I've tried a few of their products before but this time I got to try their mascara and a different color in their Metallist Foil eye shadow duo. I had one but they sent me a different color so I thought it'd be neat to see how consistent the formula was. So lets get on with it!
I thought it might be a cool post to talk about the palettes I reach for the most here lately. I talk a lot of skincare on here so I'm gonna switch to makeup for this one.
Time for another review of Natasha Denona products. This time we're talking about the highly anticipated and talked about Tropic Palette. I was immediately drawn to this palette as soon as I seen it. Everything from the packaging to the colors had me sucked in, ready to buy it. So let's get started on what I think about this palette.
If there is one brand that I use and talk about the most that would probably be JD Glow Cosmetics. They just absolutely blow me out of the water every time and I do not understand why more people aren't talking about them honestly. So let's get into my absolute favorites from this brand.
Ok guys, I finally got the Jaclyn Hill palette.....yes I know, bit late to the game there Erin. I got it because, if you don't know, some of Morphe products are sold in store and online at Ulta Beauty. So the reason that I don't have Morphe palettes in my collection aside from the Kathleen Lights and Morphe collab is because the shipping was ridiculous. Like forget the 10% code Morphe, give me a free shipping code and I'm cool with it. Not to mention a regular palette costs around $23 I think, Jaclyn Hill's palette costs $38. So add in roughly about $12 in shipping, which I find weird because you can buy a whole crap load of brushes and ship it USPS for $4 but buy a palette and it's like $12 and FedEx. Not sure if you think FedEx is safer because they nearly broke the glass on my door from throwing a package so hard against it.....but I digress.
Anastasia is always surprising us with launches out of nowhere. It's part of the reason I love them so much. For the holidays they released several things but one of those being PRISM palette. I seen it and fell in love with it because I just thought it was so different. It's been an interesting journey so far, this is going to be long.
For the last few weeks I've been playing with the Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette doing several looks with it. This is a gorgeous palette, when you open it it's absolutely stunning. It came out the same time as the Natasha Denona Lila Palette with a similar purple theme. I opted for this instead of the ND palette because to be honest I never reach for the Sunset Palette that I have so I wasn't going to drop that much money on a palette again. That being said, this one is not cheap either. It comes in at $65 for 15 shadows and one pressed glitter.
Well...here we are. Another Subculture palette review. This isn't going to be a typical review though. I'm going to interject some thoughts that I've had on my mind for a while.
I bought my Subculture palette myself. So this is my own money, it wasn't sent to me. The color scheme is unlike anything I've seen before. It arrived in one piece and not broken thank goodness because shit happens. You never know.
I've not been posting as regular on here as I like, I have plenty of good excuses but excuses are just that....excuses. So why you bore you with them, right? I have been making notes...per usual, of things I want to talk about. If you're ever wondering what my thoughts are on products and such then I suggest you follow my Snapchat (loveandmascara. I give LENGTHY snap stories and talk about various products. It's usually all content related 80% of the time with the other 20% being a little bit of life outside of business.
One thing I wanted to discuss was a few brands that impress me immensely but I find they're extremely underrated. I was actually working on this before hand as just a list of brands that were impressing me and my friend Rhea said I should do a post on underrated brands....so here we are. Thanks Rhea.
For the past year, Natasha Denona has slowly and surely taken the makeup world by storm with her eyeshadows specifically. Then she went on to release, God bless her, special palettes like the Star Palette was released around the holidays I think. Now she's released the Sunset Palette. Which as you can imagine with the name, is just a dream for warm, foiled, summer makeup. The palette doesn't disappoint for the group that loves a warm eye. It's beautifully laid out and the palette itself is sturdy and lovely with it's copper/bronze casing
I'm a makeup and skincare lover. I have always enjoyed creating looks but I love to help people with product knowledge and application even more. I've been able to do these things because God has seen fit to bless me with the opportunity.
Click to set custom HTML